Hobart Service is the leading provider of service repairs and parts for food equipment. The Hobart brand has a rich history serving the industry for over hundred years. Hobart is a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW) a fortune 200 company with a diversified product line across the world.
This is an experienced human resources position that will provide the opportunity for the incumbent to participate in all aspects of the human resources profession. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for ensuring HR strategy aligns with business plans and strategic objectives for assigned business segment. Incumbent will play an integral role in creating a positive culture and will demonstrate ITW values. Will support the day to day transactions and policy administration relating to all phases of the employee life cycle activities, such as recruitment, orientation, and employee relations. Will provide expertise and analytical support on compensation and benefits. Responsible for legal compliance. Follows all business and safety policies. Responsible for org. design, talent management and employee development, employee relations, and performance mgmt. Works independently to solve complex problems.
- Establishes and implements Human Resource strategies, direction and functional goals directly linked to the support of the business plans for the organizations.
- Consults with and advises business leadership on organizational design to enable the business to grow and operate effectively including evaluation work structure job design and role / responsibility clarity.
- Champion and role model for ITW values and Leadership Expectations
- Actively leads organization to ensure a positive culture that results in high performance and retention.
- Collaborate with management to identify change management implications and develops change plans as appropriate
- Assist with ensuring and meeting compliance programs by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Coordinates with Talent Acquisition Associate and hiring managers to assist in the recruiting process, interview scheduling, hiring process, applicant tracking and record keeping requirements. Screens candidates, conducts interviews, and has authority to hire.
- Organizes and conducts new employee orientation; creates a positive first experience of the company and serves as a role model for ITW values.
- Creates, coordinates, and conducts management/employee training
- Creates a positive employee relations climate to ensure non-work-conflict, highly productive and motivated workforce.
- Reviews existing human resources policies and procedures within the business units for which they are responsible and initiates changes as necessary to ensure compliance with law, corporate policies, and business objectives.
- Performs other duties and completes special projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in human resources including knowledge of recruitment processes, compensation, employee relations, and legal compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience supporting upper level management with complex problems
- Strong written/verbal and nonverbal communication skills; demonstrates good listening skills; able to communicate status on process with colleagues, keep team members informed, and responds clearly to employee inquiries. Demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude in working with all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, role model for ITW values and Leadership Expectations and Hobart Service Mission and Vision
- Independent and organized work style: Effectively manage time and prioritize work load, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to make independent decisions and regularly suggest ways to improve services and processes.
- Possesses a strong drive for results and translates strategic direction into concrete action steps.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Strong analytic skills, ability to research data and present findings in an organized fashion, and ability to make recommendations on course of action
- Strong technical skills / aptitude: Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, and Excel).
- Customer Service orientation
- Ability to adapt to all situations; handle change and conflict, remain calm and composed
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Up to 30% travel
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Experience in creation of LRP and Annual Plan
- Experience in successfully defending labor law actions
- Management experience
- International experience
- Master’s Degree
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Hobart Service considers all qualified applicants with a criminal history.